Founding a Project Management guild 2.0

Hi Manuel,

thanks for your supportive posture and I can see how the GSE are also reviewing the way the DAO spends money.

I believe one thing we need to bear in mind: ultimately, passion and vision take our all incentives just so far. Everyone wants to be financially compensated for doing work. And educating people, curating talent and creating a community of say project managers is work and hence should be rewarded. The money will need to be spent and whether this happens in the existing guilds, a new guild or whatever structure is maybe a question of taste.

What I can sense is that the cohesive effect of the PM team has been very strong. This team has worked for two Season with minimal budget and people have been calling the weekly meets as their favourite session of the week. I am not sure if the same effects also appear if pm education corners of education guild or somewhere else.

Finally, I believe founding a guild is an experiment like many others, too. If it doesnā€™t bring the desired benefit letā€™s close it again after one Season. If we all are clear that a new cost center is not something that is there forever but also needs to bring its value on a constant basis to justify the cost, then we should be good, shouldnā€™t we?

5 Likes

I vote in favour of experimenting with this new guild and the size of funds risked to test it. I think that the debate between @rotorless and @links is highly instructive to how this guild should focus on education and enhancing agility / capability within the DAO and avoid some of the classic pitfalls of traditional (and highly bureaucratic) PMO as cost-centre. Especially like the idea that PM Guild, Grants Process (and possibly #dao-cartography workstream) should watch for ways to be complementary and enmeshed VS. driving separate and unrelated agendas surrounding improved accountability and efficiency in funded projects.

5 Likes

Hi all, newbie here
@0xRene I would love to participate and share my knowledge.
Havenā€™t gone through all of the comments as Iā€™m on the go at the moment, but I will.
Long story short
Lately weā€™ve been trying to setup around 8 independent development teams blockchain/Dapps product-focused (1) without PM; (2) with PM; (3) with PO and appeared that without a solid policies, agile culture (that has to be taught) and servant leadership it seems unrealistic.
I do see a big challenge here, what I personally like and would love to know more and participate in case more hands and brains are needed.
My notion is wrapped up around Product & project management (shifting from web2 to web3). Was successfully scaling IoT product team from 25 to 90 people with a combination of scaled agile/scrum of scrums/nexus/lean.
My Discord karts#5122

Hi there!

Are you able to join us on Discord? You can find us in #pm-general

1 Like

Hey,
Yes, I did join Discord and even passed verification, however, #pm channel is showing me this

Havenā€™t got enough time to investigate why

This one is still in built :smiley: you have to click the little arrow to the up and left to expand the group. Therein you will find PM general, which is our main channel for conversation.

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for guidance!
However, as you may notice on my screenshot, group is already expanded and #pm-start-here is the only channel I see unfortunately.
For instance I rolled up education guild (marked in blue).
Probably something is wrong with my verification, but Iā€™ve also checked it one more time but nothing has changed =/

I support the use of Project Managers 100%. Each major project and guild should have at least 1 project manager operating as a COO. Iā€™m also on board with an education program to train more project managers, especially from international regions so that there can be global coverage for major projects.

1 Like