Editors: Oakfloors, Great
Date created: Jul 12, 2023
Wallet surplus: 170,839 BANK
Funds requested: 459,200 BANK
Multisig signers: 0xJustice.eth#6213, oakfloors, links🏴#7868, uxmceal, Jayfanny69#0946
- MISSION & VALUE ALIGNMENT
- FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS
- GUILD MEMBERS
- NEXT STEPS
The Project Management Guild aims to be the mecca of web3 project management by providing project management education, talent, and thought leadership.
In Season 8, the PM Guild has rallied around the mantra of “practicing our practice”; that is, spreading good PM practice by focusing on strong fundamentals within our own processes, and building education into day-to-day activities.
Administration Workstream runs tactical guild operations: tactical meets, BANK disbursements, seasonal forum posts, etc
- Kept active members steady at 10 members.
- Ran async and seasonal retrospectives internally, Government Department Retrospective (Ops Department Seasonal Retrospective Coming Soon)
- Our LinkedIn property is now functional with the aim of helping us to attract crypto-curious web2 PMs to our organization, with regular postings once a week.
- Solidified our guild roles using the Rights and Responsibilities framework
Education Workstream creates educational resources to help contributors learn foundational PM practice.
- Ensures the PM Guild members get access to the PM course.
- Ensures the educational materials are shared.
- The PM learning session where members are trained and exposed to PM skills.
- Ensures the PM Mirror page is updated with quality contents.
- Advancement from posting once on the mirror page to posting twice in a month.
- Research on quality and advanced project management courses that would upskill members of the PM Guild is being carried out.
- Harvesting skills in the Guild for inclusiveness.
- Creating bounties on various PM tools.
Talent Workstream is tasked with the onboarding and introduction of new and existing members to project management practices in web3 and how it is done in BanklessDAO.
- An “apprentice” program is being tested for increasing robustness of the Talent role when the roll holder is not able to follow up, and to build skills among active members.
- We have actively followed up on the “get-involved” thread to support new talent to bDAO and the PM Guild.
- A proposal for a PM Guild project where talent can get involved is under development. The project will build on the already started project management course built in Bankless Academy.
- A cheat sheet for the Talent Coordinator role is built to ensure organizational memory from one roleholder to the next.
Our belief is that the foundation of a well-running DAO are project management techniques. Given the right processes and tools, DAO teams (and sub-teams) can pursue their purposes autonomously while still benefiting from coordination with the DAO-at-large.
The Project Management Guild seeks to promote PM practice in BanklessDAO and the web3 ecosystem as a whole in two ways:
- By becoming the gathering point for web3 project managers
- By teaching PM techniques to anyone who wants to learn
The PM Guild is both a user-friendly onramp (for skilled, non-web3 PM talent) and a support system to help individuals find the path to their bankless life.
Using the formula:
Season 9 Guild Funding = 16 * (21,000 + 770 * #active member)
The Project Management Guild Requests 459,200 BANK for our S9 operations. You can see our breakdown of 10 active members in the GUILD MEMBERS Section below.
You can see a detailed budget breakdown here: PM Guild S9 Budget
After our June disbursement, the PM Guild holds 454.502 BANK in our multisig. With our average spend set at 100,331 BANK per month, we should be left with approximately 170,839 BANK (coordinape spend of 50,000 BANK is included).
We don’t have any external funding at the moment. With more focus on our educational tools and internal retrospectives with the aim of improving and increasing our PM talents, we are looking to monetize our retrospective in the future which will serve as an external revenue generating model for the guild.
The Project Management Guild currently has 10 active members.
A full list of active members, including their criteria for active membership, can be found here: S8 Active Membership. As per our new Active Member Criteria, members are those who have completed an average of 1 kanban task or bounty every 4 weeks, as well as guild role holders. This flexible approach allows us to calculate active membership for any time period, and is particularly useful for variable season lengths.
(Provide where applicable)
Given the season is only half complete, we plan to continue working on our Season 8 priorities.
- I can work with this proposal
- This proposal needs fundamental rework and I will explain below why