Project Champion: ComeBackKid #3480. Squad: EurekaJohn #2094, teresacd #7426
Purpose: Public Good
Authors; Editors: ComeBackKid #3480; #teresacd #7426
Date created: Februhttps://forum.bankless.community/c/proposals/7ary 1, 2023
Date posted: :
Funds requested: 118,400 BANK
Project wallet(s): (ideally multisig, disclose all designated project wallets)
Table of Contents
A Bankless DAO Legal Guild podcast series with each episode focusing on succinctly addressing a specific DAO/Crypto related legal issue via an interview with a subject matter expert.
In the first two podcasts proposed for 2023 we intend to delve into two areas that merit further exploration – the application of NFTs in the real world practice of law and crypto related accounting and tax issues.
During 2022 the Ab Initio Bankless DAO Legal Podcat produced and published the following podcasts:
- Ben Melnicki – Former Chief Compliance Officer at Robin Hood
- Evan Thomas, Head of Legal for Wealthsimple Crypto, Canada
- Lori Stein of McCarthy Tétrault, Co-Head of the Fintech Group
- Maria Santamaria also known as Fortunata. A leading corporate lawyer specializing in new technologies in Portugal and Argentina
- Crystal, a founding member of JournoDAO, a community advisor for ImpactDAOs
- Samantha Marin, a member of the Growth and Communications team at Aragon. A cofounder and writer at Quorum, a metalabel for creators who ship work about DAOs
Approximately 300 downloads to date
Excellent feedback from podcast guests
Over the last couple of months we have explored a number of different areas that where Web 3 can have a significant legal impact. In doing so we have done research and sought our various potential podcast guests. We’ve locked in the following two guests:
Kirk Phillips CPA, CMA, CFE, CPB
Managing Director, Global Crypto Advisors, Inc.
"A boutique crypto accounting firm”
Accounting and tax are two of the least understood area in crypto. Kirk’s experience can provide a wealth of practical information for any Web3 participant that has bought, sold or staked a coin.
Mintlayer Hacker ~ CEO of RBB LAB ~ Former Bitfinex/Tether
RBB Lab, a technology development firm based in the Republic of San Marino, has used NFT (Non-Fungible Token) technology to issue court summonses for the case against Alberto De Luigi, Andreas Kohl, both former collaborators of the firm, and their company Sequentia AG incorporated in Liechtenstein - https://cryptoslate.com/press-releases/rbb-lab-uses-nft-to-serve-alberto-de-luigi-and-andreas-kohl-summons/.
The interaction of NFTs and their role and utility in the legal profession and other IRL scenarios is an emerging area and well worth exploring.
Identify interviewees and have preliminary conversations.
Set up podcast time.
Draft podcast/interview questions.
Share questions with interviewee.
Preform required edits.
Combine podcast audio with existing voice intro and soundtrack.
Upload to podcast distribution platforms (Anchor).
Individual episode marketing.
Cost – 118,400 BANK for the two podcasts
Draft Proposal – 10,000 BANK
Edit Proposal - 5,000 BANK
Research, drafting questions and setting up interviews – 40,000 BANK
Host podcast – 25,000 BANK
Podcast A/V edits and upload to Podbean (hosting platform) – 20,000 BANK
Cost of hosting platform for 6 months – 8,400 BANK
Draft tweet/post and upload to socials (marketing) – 10,000 BANK
Total Budget – 118,400 BANK
- Increase the number of downloads by 50%.
- Attract a paying/barter advertising sponsor with a value of 1250 USD or more (cover expenses of producing and publishing the podcast).
- Tracking and increasing mentions in socials, specifically tweets and re-tweets.
- Expand the Bankless brand in the legal profession ecosystem
- Bring new members to the legal guild
- Create new consulting opportunities for guild members
The bankless brand will be used to promote the podcasts. All of the guests and content features featured are focused on supporting Bankless’ mission of onboarding 1 billion people to crypto by creating user-friendly onramps for people to discover, use, learn and enjoy the benefits of Web3. Here the focuse is on the legal community and the clients they serve.
FURTHER PROJECT CHANNELS
- Bankless DAO Legal Guild.
- Legal Guild Twitter Account.
- Bankless DAO Twitter Account.
- Individual Legal Guild Members Twitter Accounts
- I support the Podcast Episode Project
- I DO NOT Support the Podcast Episode Project