According to the Season 1 spec, there will be three seats open for Season 2 Grants Committee.
The Grants Committee consists of 5-7 members along with a multisig with all committee members as signers.
- The Committee is responsible and accountable for managing the grants system, reviewing grant applications, and managing the grants treasury, with the help of other guilds as needed (e.g., treasury).
- The Committee has a quorum with four members over seven OR three members over five, but is otherwise responsible for their own operations.
- The Committee cannot change the application process to be a Committee member without a snapshot vote and is encouraged to accept the DAO’s proposal template.
- The Grants Committee is required to be transparent and communicative with the DAO, such as access to Committee meetings and an opportunity to voice opinions and feedback.
The voting period will last one week and will take place on Discourse:
- Any candidate who receives more than 30 votes and more than 66% approval goes to an instant vote for a final decision by the DAO.
- If one DAO member qualifies for a snapshot it is a hire or do not hire vote that requires 66% + approval to pass. If there is more than one candidate there is a runoff in discourse managed by the operations guild where the candidate that receives more votes moves on to a snapshot vote.
- The entire committee will be submitted to the Snapshot vote.
- Any unapproved candidate can gather feedback, improve their resume, and resubmit for future vacancies.
- Committee members can be recalled with an instant vote of 51% or more. Committee members may leave the Committee at any time by submitting a written resignation note to the Committee.
To submit your application you must reply to this post by including:
- Discord handle
- Reason for applying
- Sponsor(s) (i.e., someone who will second your nomination)
DO NOT ENTER APPLICATIONS YET