Authors: Feems #4876
Squad: Feems #4876,Jasu#9801, Son#9840,kairon#7878,fa3io.eth#1732, ZimTeemo#1909
Web 3 Professionals is a podcast with video elements (short clips and shorts) intended to be published on BDAO YouTube (and streaming channels) that explores the stories of founders and professionals working in web3 and the services/tools/products that service web3 workers or are used frequently by them. Five episodes have been recorded and edited; this proposal requests funds for the recording and post-production work for five more (to provide much more diversity to season 1).
Also, we are requesting funds for work to develop a high-quality brand and marketing efforts for a successful product launch and growth and generate revenue for the DAO.
To make any media product successful, it requires a clearly defined target audience, the opportunity to reach that audience, clear branding, and offering something people need. Now the assets are ready, and to ensure the success of this product, we are requesting additional funding for compensation for branding/design, marketing (working with Marketing Guild for Twitter strategy), product launch strategy, content, and production & post-production work for five episodes (to add diverse voices for season 1).
The launch date for the first episode is December, 2022/January 2023 (noting the holiday season if guilds will be low in the workforce), and we will continue to launch episodes bi-weekly in audio format. There is also an opportunity to stagger the launch of micro-content on YouTube and bDAO media platforms.
As a project, we have selected team members from different guilds (marketing, design, av) with professional backgrounds for successful implementation to produce high-quality content. Any additional tasks and needs will be indicated as a bounty.
Requesting a total of 310,000 BANK
- Branding and Design (streaming channels and new episodes) BANK
- Content Writing & Editing for Bankless publications
- Podcast Production & Post Production - including content produced for Bdao Youtube
- Guild Coordination/Ambassadors
Web 3 Professionals provides the following for the DAO and its intended market:
- New and engaging content for our YouTube (short, clipped sections of the interview that most appeal to the target audiences, YouTube shorts (exploring micro-content). We have permission from AV Guild to provide high-quality and relevant content for that channel.
- A new show that is unique and hasn’t been explored but will help in bridging the gap for regular professionals to see themselves working in web3 ( from marketers to accountants)
- A better understanding of the products and services we use all the time or options that can better serve us as DAO contributors.
- Alignment with BanklessDAO’s mission to help the world go Bankless by creating user-friendly onramps for people to discover decentralized financial technologies through education, media, and culture.
- Increased diversity in our media products (female-hosted and executive produced)
- Crypto-curious professionals (marketers, researchers, accountants etc.) looking to work in DAOs and web3
- DAO operators (to learn about the people and tools they use)
- Web3 freelancers to learn about services and resources that will help them (taxes, extended health care etc.)
In Season 5, we received 52,000 BANK to produce five episodes (record, design, post-production, video editing production) via an internal grant with AV Guild. This was to test out the product idea and receive support from the guild for the post-production work. The funding was as low as this was to act as an exploration/discovery to see if this would produce quality work and concept work (on the content, guests, and testing out what hybrid AV content can look like). Five episodes were recorded, including video (for micro-content) and audio (podcast).
Interviews conducted (compensated in season 5):
- Joshua - Opolis
- Zach Anderson - Coordinape
- Richie Bonilla - Quests.xyz/Clarity
- Jody - Work DAO
- Joey DeBruin - Backstage Labs
Upcoming (requesting funds in this proposal - female interviewees)
- Anjali - Collab Land (recorded)
- Aries Law - crypto lawyer/bDAO member (booked in Nov)
- Jade Katz - founder of Myles and luna, tech by choice (booked in Nov)
- Quantam Alpha House - digital asset analyst, contributor at MetaGammaDelta DAO (booked in Dec)
- Jessica Taggert Co-founder & COO of http://ILUMA.xyz (booked in Nov)
# SCOPE OF WORK/FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS
Total Ask: 310,000 BANK
Podcast Coordinator/Lead Feems: 80,000 BANK
Podcast production and post-production for five episodes - 50,000 BANK
- Video edit (colour correction, cuts, audio matching, and editing, two short 5 min clips and YouTube shorts)
- Sound engineering
- Episode show notes
Design: 60K BANK
- Branding Kit for funding
- Editable Template for Youtube Videos, Audio Streaming Channels, Twitter Promo
*A brand book: a guide that includes visual assets to generate a brand universe that allows for generating better customer engagement and visual identity
*Editable templates: to generate agile, attractive and consistent content that allows our content production to be systematized and efficient
Writing/Editing Articles: 50K BANK
- Ten 500–1,000-word articles (on podcast themes, compensation, protections for workers, equity etc.)
- Article Editor (10 articles) = 50,000 BANK
Marketing Content- 10K BANK
- Twitter copy (for BDAO) and promotion - 10,000 BANK
To better utilize the different Bankless platforms and to provide content that aligns with guild priority and content calendar. As well as to ensure content meets the requirements to be on those channels. This is to compensate for the time and effort of the guild member who will be required to act as an intermediary between the project and the guild.
Marketing Guild Coordinator: 20K (Son)
- Coordination for Bankless Twitter (schedule)
- Activities include: reviewing copy, media
- bDAO YouTube
We will be using Quests.xyz (a new tool created by the team behind Clarity.so).
With Quests, we will have a mobile-first web page for this project where contributors can join the quest, see all relevant links & files, and submit their contributions. The contributions will be verified by the organizers of the quest. Once the project is completed, the contributors can showcase their contributions on their Quest portfolio, and everyone will receive an NFT that represents their level of involvement in the quest.
This creates both an on-chain and off-chain proof of work. As more quests are completed within our community, we can use this contribution network to recruit contributors for future projects and vet their past contributions. The on-chain Quests NFT is an interoperable credential that contributors can showcase in their wallets and can be used on other platforms that support on-chain assets.
If we want to onboard a billion people to go Bankless and go full-time DAO, we need to show them how and be clear about what to expect (i.e. wait to quit your day job).
BanklessDAO is about education, and this provides education through the storytelling of the individual’s experience and the tools and services they offer to address the needs of workers.
Outside of living on the BDAO YouTube Channel like other projects, for example, Crypto Sapiens, it will carry its brand design, - but will attribute bDAO as “produced in bDAO or a bDAO-supported project.” on our YouTube channel and other social channels.
- Reach on Twitter posts
- Views on Youtube
- Listens on streaming channels
- Views of articles
- Attendees on Twitter spaces
- Record the five episodes
- Develop brand and design assets
- Develop a marketing calendar
- Post-production of episodes
- Develop a launch strategy
Feems (Project Lead/Executive Producer/Host) has been doing podcast executive production and creative production for over two years and as well as extensive public speaking and hosting skills ( podcasts, formal events, Twitter spaces) and is familiar with the production process of creative media, marketing, research and strategy (product-market fit). Also has extensive experience leading projects and initiatives in the DAO space. Feems also has over six years of experience in digital communications and social media content development/strategy, working for non-profits, government, foreign affairs and tech sectors.
Host, EP, Sound Editor Around The World in SDGs on Apple Podcasts
Con-founder of the DAO Education Sessions ( over ten weeks of learning content and telegram group of over 100 DAO operators, founders and gov operators):https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCboyqW77OcK0bZIa62ndWsg
Contributor to Global Events Team ( PM/AV lead MCON,DEVCON), Season 7 AV coordinator role
Participated as a researcher on grant-funded research projects with Bankless Research
Season 1 content editor Bankless Africa
BDAO GM BUS Media Partner Lead - eg: Bankless DAO at MCON with GM Bus & Perchy - YouTube
ZimTeemo (Audio Engineer) is an audio engineer with experience as a live and studio musician, podcast host, and live streamer. He has been AV Guild Coordinator and is currently Talent Coordinator. Work by Zim can be seen on his own YouTube, Twitch and Lens accounts and behind the scenes on DAOlationships AMAs on bDAO YouTube (Nation3, Kresko Finance, MoonDAO, Beanstalk).
MoonDAO AMA BanklessDAO AMA with MoonDAO - May, 10th, 2022 - YouTube
Intro to Lens Protocol Intro to Lens Protocol - YouTube
Fa3io.eth (Video Editor) has a solid background in project and production management and digital art with experiences and collaborations worldwide, primarily specializing in immersive multimedia exhibitions. A long time of expertise in design, branding, digital marketing, and as a musician, all applied now to diverse projects in web3. He is currently part of the YouTube QC team in AV Guild.
Jasu (Branding and Product Strategist)
Product Designer and Business Consultant for LATAM tech innovators companies. With experience in agile design and implementation of business models, leading teams in design, technology, marketing and sales. Currently, I advise different companies to scale sustainably. Also doing brand strategist and launching projects from scratch.
My studio: https://launchy.me
Kairon (Content Writer and Marketing Specialist) is a content marketing specialist with experience launching brand campaigns for tech brands, web3 projects and DAOs. He’s Rabbithole’s content lead and contributor to JUMP, RADAR, Developer DAO and several others. His work can be found on Rabbithole’s mirror publication, as well as his own
Portfolio - Kairon - Links | Barracuda
- Fund Project
- Not yet (please specify why)