Project Champion: HiroKennellyᵍᵐ🏴#0001
Squad: HiroKennellyᵍᵐ🏴#0001, grant#2959
Affiliation: Writers Guild
Purpose: Public Good
Authors; Editors: grant#2959; HiroKennellyᵍᵐ🏴#0001
Date Created: February 15, 2023
Date Posted: February 15, 2023
Funds requested: 140,000 BANK
Project wallet: 0xdd12EB2f7642aa74f843892F0BC5B2054E2F24Ab
Own subDAO/Discord server: bDAO Writers Guild
Table of Contents
- PROJECT TEASER
- FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS
- SEASONAL KPI
- FURTHER PROJECT CHANNELS
BanklessDAO to partner with Taptive to run the 4th BanklessDAO Writers Cohort.
This proposal seeks consensus to fund a continuing partnership with Taptive, a company which helps communities grow with the power of writing-focused, cohort-based courses.
To date, Taptive and BanklessDAO have partnered to run three BanklessDAO Writers Cohorts, and we’ve seen both community enlargement and cohesion increase with each cohort, as well as been able to ship first-time DAO authors through Bankless Publishing, which makes special allowances for cohort participants in terms of the original content policy.
The goal of the partnership is to have Taptive run its 4th cohort for BanklessDAO that will, as discussed in the Commitments section, achieve three main objectives:
- Strengthen relationships in the DAO.
- Boost the online presence of the DAO.
- Level up BanklessDAO members’ brand, network, and writing skills.
Taptive and BanklessDAO have run three successful cohorts. We’ve made improvements to the model and are building upon the momentum (and email list) to run another cohort.
Taptive has run three cohort-based writing programs with BanklessDAO.
Over the course of these cohorts, the community has published 159 essays. These essays have led to thousands of impressions for the DAO on Twitter and elsewhere, facilitating the sharing of BanklessDAO-aligned content with an audience that may not have otherwise been exposed to it.
In addition, the marketing of the cohort has generated its own engagement. Through a landing page (generating hundreds of page views), social media announcements, and Twitter Spaces, the cohort has spread the word about BanklessDAO and given people a straightforward way to get involved in the DAO.
Through these cohorts, we’ve also built an email list of over 250 potentially interested cohort participants (which we will activate again with each new cohort).
Finally, we’ve hosted 12 live Zoom writing workshops that furthered DAO relationships through feedback and discussion.
This proposal requests 140,000 BANK. An additional 140,000 BANK will paid to Taptive by the Writers Guild, as provided for in its Season 7 Proposal. A total of 280,000 BANK will be paid to Taptive for this current cohort.
The funds will be allocated to Taptive to run the cohort, provide course materials, manage the onboarding processes, and coordinate the cohort from end to end.
All funds will go to Taptive.
The core metric for success will be the number of essays BanklessDAO members publish. An increase in published essays is indicative of other positive impacts — more participants, more impressions for BanklessDAO, more potential for word-of-mouth growth, more learning, and more relationships built.
Additional metrics include:
- Net Promoter Score score in an offboarding survey to determine if Taptive is able to deliver a high-quality experience to BanklessDAO members. We shoot for an NPS of around 80.
- Number of feedback messages sent following Taptive’s feedback format.
- Number of 1:1 discussions held in breakout rooms.
The utility this project provides for BanklessDAO revolves around three core outcomes:
- Strengthen relationships in the DAO: the cohort-based experience prioritizes peer-to-peer interaction, feedback, and support. Also, by focusing on the vulnerable act of publishing writing online, this cohort will create the opportunity for deeper connections.
- Boost the online presence of the DAO: each cohort we run produces dozens of community-generated articles. BanklessDAO can elevate these posts in its newsletters, through Bankless Publishing, and on social media to share the authentic voice of your community.
- Level up BanklessDAO members’ brand, network, and writing skills: writing is a powerful skill in the digital age. Building a digital portfolio of writing helps bDAO members connect with new people and grow their networks. Taptive has developed comprehensive resources and frameworks that will help bDAO members improve this web3 superpower.
Based on past cohorts, we will:
- Market the cohort to the community leading to over 100 sign-ups.
- Onboard these sign-ups into the community and the cohort.
- Through our onboarding process, live meetings, library of writing resources, and group accountability, we will encourage the publication of over 60 BanklessDAO-aligned pieces of written content.
- Encourage the social media sharing of over 50 of these pieces of content.
- Generate thousands of impressions for BanklessDAO.
Taptive will use the BanklessDAO brand in the name of the cohort. For example, “BanklessDAO Writers Cohort”
- Taptive will create a short landing page that will give interested participants a place to input their emails to join the cohort. The landing page will use the cohort name and Bankless branding.
- Taptive will also create the “BanklessDAO Writer’s Cohort Notion Home” as noted above. This will include BanklessDAO branding.
- Taptive will send email reminders that will include the name of the cohort “BanklessDAO Writers Cohort” in the communications.
FURTHER PROJECT CHANNELS
BanklessDAO x Taptive Partnership Proposal — Additional Materials
- Yes, fund the BanklessDAO Writers Cohort
- No, don’t fund the BanklessDAO Writers Cohort