The Writers Guild formally requests 993,000 BANK for Season 7.
During Season 6, the Writers Guild focused on building strong vibes in our community, educating current members through live editing sessions, writing challenges, and other opportunities, onboarding new talent to our projects, spinning up a new project, tentatively titled the Web3 Toolkit, and further refining our governance practices.
The Office of Talent Management focused on onboarding new members to our Guild and projects, nurturing the growth of existing contributors, and maintaining and promoting the vibes throughout the Guild.
Marketing continued its regular cadence of tweets for all five newsletters, writing tweet threads for our articles, and producing the Weekly Rollup Recap, a visual recap of the Weekly Rollup newsletter.
Governance continued moving forward with refinement of the Writers Guild Governance Framework by way of implementing three proposals approved last season, developing two more proposals, and raising conversations around challenging issues to determine Guild membership. Furthermore, the Writers Guild began exploring and transitioning to GitHub to manage governance processes. This transition is ongoing.
The Education Coordinator launched a weekly live editing session for Guild members and others to watch our editors in action, refining contributors’ skills along the way.
In order to help BanklessDAO members gain confidence in writing and publishing, we continued our partnership with Taptive to run a cohort-based writing program. This program is designed to improve writing, grow members’ online reputation, and strengthen the relationship between members.
The Notion Administrator promoted the Notion Ninja courses and reiterated the importance of ensuring the Notion display name matches the Discord handle. New content from the live editing sessions was uploaded to Notion and we created a new page for tracking Writers Guild poll results.
In Season 7, we will continue to focus on onboarding, education, and community. The Guild will guide and support the collaboration and coordination of its related projects, and work to increase and improve in-house educational systems to assist writers and editors in creating high-quality content.
The Guild will launch a new project, tentatively titled the Web3 Toolkit, which will provide a series of short articles designed to quickly educate people and onboard them into web3.
We will continue the partnership with Good Morning News to provide another avenue for our writers to publish their work and earn bounty credit within the Guild.
The total amount requested for the Writers Guild for Season 7 is 993,000 BANK.
The Writers Guild defines active members in our Governance Framework as any Tier 2 (Scribbler) or above member who has completed a minimum of one paid task (or two in the case of Good Morning News). Based on this criterion, we use payouts from the Writers Guild and associated projects: Newsletter Team, Decentralized Arts, Bankless Publishing, and Good Morning News to determine active contributor status.
Current Active Members List: 72 members.
Based on Member-Based Guild Funding, the total budget is as follows:
- 260,000 BANK base role-holder salaries
- 13,000 BANK Notion Admin
- 72 members x 10,000 BANK = 720,000 BANK
- Total: 993,000
The budget breakdown is as follows:
- Guild Coordinator, Talent Coordinator, Education Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, Treasurer, and Governance Coordinator roles = 7,000 BANK/week each.
- The Guild, Education, and Governance Coordinators will have a 15,000 BANK pool to bounty out tasks, as outlined in the Writers Guild Governance Framework.
- The Talent Coordinator will have a 25,000 BANK pool to distribute to new members who complete the onboarding process.
- The Marketing Coordinator will have a 36,000 BANK pool for bountied work related to tweet threads and content promotion.
- A Writers Workshop Lead, for leading seasonal cohort-based Writers Workshops as part of ongoing educational efforts to improve talent across the Guild, DAO, and ecosystem.
- A Notion Administrator position, as directed by the Operations Guild.
- A Guild Bounty Pool for projects, ad hoc bounties, and contributor rewards of 173,000 BANK.