Developers Guild Season 7 Funding Request
Authors: Freedominant; Cisco, Jaux, Paulito, LordRanchoatos
Date posted: 20/1/2023
Total amount requested: 262,000 BANK
- To support the developer’s guild members’ growth.
- To upskill talent and make them useful for operations within and outside the DAO.
- To encourage participation and contribution of developers within the DAO.
- We have a core vision to help members build crypto products aligned with banklessDAO value.
SEASON 6 SUMMARY
- We continued with the knowledge session to upskill dev guild members. We also had smart contract book club sessions.
- We also have the Madhatter project from the Dev Guild, which is still ongoing.
- We hosted several meetings discussing development, governance, project operations, guild membership tracking, and guild operations and initiatives.
- We had a partnership with alchemy (a distribution of dev courses to interested active members in the guild).
- The guild was able to come with a project idea,that would serve as good tool for the dao at large but it is still at the early stage
Here is the link to the project information:
- A proposal from the talent coordination aspect of the guild on how to improve and get better
Here is the link to the proposal and discussion: DEVELOPER'S GUILD PROPOSAL - Google Docs
GOALS OR AIMS FOR SEASON 7
- Continuity of our ongoing projects (knowledge session, Smart contract book club and the project idea)
- Create a suitable system that will provide priorities for our developers.
- Try to create more partnerships outside BanklessDAO.
- Sustainability and proper management of the guild at a higher level.
- To onboard more developers to contribute and participate in projects that will be beneficial to the guild and DAO at large.
Our metrics are designed to enable the growth, coordination, and idea development of the Dev Guild.
- Members participating in meetings, knowledge sessions, hackathons, and projects.
- New members coming into the guild.
- Demos during meetings.
- Number of devs placed on projects compared to requests for devs.
- Hold two weekly Dev Guild meetings, grow attendance.
- Smart contract book club for devs.
- Help projects improve their goals by demo-ing new features and providing feedback testing also.
- Form at least one hackathon team from the Dev Guild and complete a hackathon.
HOW DO WE TRACK MEMBER’S ACTIVITIES
- We have created a framework to assign tags to active members which is grouped into 3; the coder, Shadowy coder and the Shadowy supercoder.
We have three membership levels, which include Coder, Shadowy Coder, and Shadowy SuperCoder.
Below is the definition of the membership levels and the criteria that need to be met before you are assigned the tag.
Coder (Level 0)
- No requirements
- Developers Guild Discord flare (general tag in the role-select)
- Attend meetings
- Access to bounties
- No access to the guild’s coordinape round.
Shadowy Coder (Level 1)
- 5 Dev Guild POAPs or nomination from an existing L1 for dev project contribution
- Contributing in the guild by doing a task (Note-taking, claiming bounties etc)
- All Level 0 perks
- Start and champion a project
- Vote in governance
- Will have access to the guild’s coordinape round.
Shadowy Supercoder (Level 2)
- 20 Dev Guild POAPs or a season of dev project contribution with an L2 Nomination
- All Level 1 perks.
- Run for elected office.
ROLES DESCRIPTION OF ROLES
Facilitate guild meetings twice a week.
In charge of the guild’s governance.
Keep track of ongoing guild projects.
Manage the guild’s notion page.
Onboard new members
Provide structures that aids talent growth, development and retention within the guild
Attend weekly syncs and provide updates on Talent Coordination duties (including newly onboarded members)
Update interested members on available dev related tasks, opportunities and bounties
Facilitate Office Hours calls and follow-ups at least once a week
- In charge of keeping track of tasks and bounties done by members.
- Responsible for initiating role holder and bounty payouts.
- Keeping the financial records of the guild.
- Keep track of members attendance
- Design and distribute POAP to members who attend weekly meetings
BUDGET CALCULATION FOR SEASON 7
Season 7 Guild funding = 260,000 BANK + 13,000 BANK + (30) x 10,000 BANK
= 583,000 BANK
Left over from season 5 and 6 = 311,000BANK
Total ask for season 7 = 573,000 - 311,000 = 262,000 BANK
Link to the budget breakdown:
LIST OF ACTIVE MEMBERS
- This was extracted from the Dev guild’s attendance list for Season 6
- All project champions are active members.
- Contributors to the knowledge session are active members too.
Meeting Quota for Activeness: The quota is attendance to a minimum of 7 meetings.