Launch of Bankless DAO Peru Chapter Proposal

Tittle: Launch of BanklessDAO Peru Chapter & Grant Request

Authors: celexia#3999 #blurpleflame#0257 #RenatoM1930

Date Created: 04/07/2022

Date Posted: 11/07/2022

SUMMARY

We look forward to establishing Bankless Perú, a Spanish speaking node that can set up a local community and incorporate more people to the Bankless movement. Our national context presents opportunities to boost the use of blockchain, DeFi and digital assets through education strategies and particular publicities.

BACKGROUND

Peru is one of the countries with the highest crypto adoption intention in Latin America, since 2020 our country has registered an 18.3% increase in the use of web 3 wallets. This currently represents approximately 1.2 million people using crypto.

Peru is a centralized, corrupt and obstructive country. There are 32 million people living in the national territory and only in the city of Lima resides more than 30% of the population. Our fiscal policy has a 30% corporate and personal tax and a national sales tax of 18%. As a result, more than 70% of the country’s entrepreneurial mass do not expand their businesses due to the high cost of doing so, remaining informal, which makes it impossible for them to become bankable. To make matters worse, Peruvian inhabitants have a serious decline in the confidence of their political system (Julio Cotler, February 2016), where the 6 presidents elected in the last 40 years are under criminal investigation or serving time in prison.

Our country has very low levels of banking penetration. According to an important regional consulting firm (Apoyo Consultoría), while in developed countries, banking penetration levels are 90% of the population, in Peru the proportion of people with access to financial services is only 41%. However, the number of people using these services is only 28%, far below our regional peers such as Chile (68%) and Colombia (35%). According to the same document, this low level of banking penetration is closely correlated with legal insecurity, low competitiveness and competition within our country. Thus, Peruvians live in a financial oligopoly where, although there are a large number of financial institutions (+40), only 4 of them oligopolize more than 80% of the market. This radically decreases competitiveness with respect to credit rates, harming personal development and making market expansion opportunities impossible.

The context experienced in Peru and both situations in particular present an enormous opportunity for the introduction, adoption and use of decentralized systems and blockchain technology, as has happened in regional peers such as Argentina and Venezuela: worldwide cases of studies due to the progress in the adoption and building of blockchain technology. Furthermore, it is correct to state that Peru, as well as other countries in Latin America and Africa, urgently needs to incorporate blockchain into its economic life, even more than developed countries.

We see an enormous opportunity to overcome these barriers by providing a complete educational offer on blockchain and web3 technology, leveraging a strong local IRL presence that increases trust in this technology and its diffusion.

The Chilean cryptocurrency exchange “Buda” reported that in 2021 transactions with cryptocurrencies in Peru increased 258%, with 70% of those movements for the purchase and sale of cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, USD Coin. (La ley, May, 2022).

Peru presents itself as the country with the highest growth of digital assets in the region and gives us great momentum for the deployment of the Bankless mission.

MISSION & VALUES ALIGNMENT

Bankless Peru seeks to promote the bankless movement and decentralized forms of organization (DAOs) by applying education, networking and marketing techniques with a local focus. We present the benefits of public and decentralized blockchains in terms of finance, identity and organization in an efficient way, in line with current social issues and local trends.

By having a broad local presence, we generate the opportunity to achieve a greater impact to our audience, present the work done by collaborators to institutions, universities and legislators, onboard more people and institutions, connect with more like-minded individuals or companies and generate collaborative partnerships, organize meetings and presentations for BanklessDAO’s products and services.

SCOPE OF WORK

Similar to the bDAO seasons, our workflow will be defined based on our first 3 months of startup:

• Promotion and creation of the Bankless Peru community on Twitter, Discord, LinkedIn and Instagram.
  • Organize meetings, exhibitions or face-to-face workshops in outstanding places all over the country, starting with Lima (2-3 times per month | 6-10 times per season).
  • Promote (not to replicate or compete) the content produced by the IMN Spanish of BanklessDAO locally.
  • Creation of original virtual content of Bankless Peru
    • TikTok & Instagram reels
    • Twitter threads
    • Newsletter and blog posts
    • Youtube workshops / tutorials
    • Bankless content translation HQ/DAO
    • Bankless Peru Podcast

SPECIFICATION

The project initially has 8 members and we plan to keep expanding the team as we start and expand the community, all this following the decentralized working structure of web3: a DAO.

Community and Social Networks creation

This team will be responsible for sharing content, creating a community and moving across the local web3 atmosphere on social networks and forums. The goal is to be aware of current trends, news and social issues to solve them through the blockchain and bankless approach. In addition, this team will be in charge of generating engagement to the reels, posts, threads, podcasts and videos that will be created by the team of influencers and focused media content.

Many responsibilities of the community creation & social media team includes creating memes, hosting Twitter Spaces and Instagram Lives with guests who contribute to the growth of crypto adoption, answering questions from the community, engaging in controversial threads and twitter trends and other activities related to the visibility and engagement of Bankless Perú.

In our first 3 months we will develop 3 social networks

Main social networks:

• Twitter
  • Telegram
  • Event attendees (emails)

Initial goal:

• Reach 350 new members for the Bankless Peru community and 5 more contributors.

IRL Events and Partnerships

The events and partnerships team will have the obligation to get locals and opportunities to introduce the Bankless mission, educate upstarts and build trust with the general public, independently or in collaboration with other DAOs or local web3 companies.

Formats:

• Presentation and debate between Bankless Peru collaborators together with other DAOs or web3 companies of local reach.
  • Presentation of web3 projects and exchanges of local, regional or international reach.
  • Development of DeFi workshops to introduce people who have basic or no knowledge in decentralized finance.

Initial goal:

• Elaborate 2-3 local events in the capital (Lima) every month.

Local influencers and Focalized media content

We must make up for the lack of supply from crypto influencers who are in favor of decentralized public blockchains such as Ethereum, Bitcoin, Cosmos and others. The philosophy and fundamentals of the bankless mission will be presented through reels, IGTV, live streams, podcasts, twitter threads, videos and posts commissioned from the team of local influencers & focalized media content.

Educational products:

• Basics: A podcast program following the trends and problems of the national reality that finds solutions based on the technology and philosophy of web 3.0. Know the entire blockchain ecosystem and the tools to interact with it. The podcast will be available on streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple podcast, Google podcast) and YouTube. Frequency and duration: Four podcasts per month, with an average duration of 45 minutes.
  • Market analysis: An audiovisual product where an analysis of the market will be carried out, mainly of the cryptocurrencies with the highest market cap, and some relevant news about them will be mentioned as well. In addition, we will teach how to exchange the local currency for cryptocurrencies and enter the DeFi system. Available on Youtube. Frequency and duration: Every week and with an average duration of 20 minutes.
  • News and trends of the week within the web3 ecosystem: A program about the most relevant news, everything you need to know and what is happening in the world of DAOs, digital assets and blockchain solutions to the problems of humanity. Every week and with an average duration of 20 minutes. Available on Youtube and podcast.

BRAND USAGE

Bankless Peru is a decentralized international node linked to the Bankless mission and branding. Due to our different way of working and local impact, it is important for us to emphasize that we seek autonomy or distinction from the IMN. The bothersome governance and digital approach of the IMN will make it difficult for us to maintain agility and efficiency in the development of our work and it would be impossible to reconcile objectives. However we do not rule out working in conjunction with their digital campaigns. In this sense, we present ourselves as a project similar to Bankless Africa.

FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS & MÉTRICAS DE ÉXITO O KPI

We are asking for a grant of 640,000 BANK to help us in the setup and launch of the subDAO and support with sufficient runway for 2 seasons as detailed above.

Our plan for this six months is to establish a strong foundation and a initial community (leveraged by the solid networks and abilities that the current members have) that helps us being a sustainable node by monetizing the different alternatives we had found (podcast, newsletter, events, among others) and help us a long term self-sufficiency.

Our plans for the first season is:

• Setup subDAO, establish governance mechanisms, and foundations
  • Establish a initial community of 300-450 local people, and onboard them to the web3 and Bankless mission
  • Create social media accounts and reach a total audience of 500 people
  • Launch educational material (educational writing, podcasts & videos) and reach 250 active subscribers total
  • Host 6 IRL events and setup partnerships with local web3 projects and exchanges
  • Develop relationships with universities, DAOs and local institutions.
  • Onboard up to 5 contributors

In addition to expand our first season objectives, the second season roadmap includes:

• Expand educational material with new ideas and contributors
  • Increase community engagement with twitter spaces / telegram AMA
  • +4 IRL events (now adding universities and institutions as spots)
  • Develop workshops to introduce people into DeFi fundamentals and practical steps
  • Exploring new monetization initiatives at educational products and NFTs
  • Onboard up to 3 more contributors

**SQUAD (current team of contributors / minimum viable community): **

Below our team’s twitter handles:

@renacassinelli, Peruvian In crypto since 2017 and in bDAO since November 2021. Traditional Finance experience with a solid understanding and passion for the web3 ethos. Currently working building MetaFi (metaverse x DeFi) at a crypto company, and contributor of different guild / teams inside bDAO. Avid NFT collector

@Crisincrypto, Translator and interpreter. The languages I have worked with are English and Portuguese. Therefore, I have contributed to different web3 projects translating newsletters and books. In addition, I have written articles for an investment website. Recently, I joined the Spanish IMN bDAO team and currently, I’m a Crypto Mujeres DAO ambassador, I’m also part of the 21MBULLS women community. And last but not least, I’m a CryptoamigosLAT Twitter growth contributor.

@0xblur, a.k.a ‘blurpleflame’. I have worked in bDAO since September 2021 as part of the IMN Spanish, Research Guild and Crypto Sapiens team. My experience is in commercial and academic writing, research, public speaking and translation. My formal studies are on political philosophy, anthropology and law so what I do best is explaining the interlink between web3 technology and social systems/institutions.

@comunicacripto, a.k.a “rodbro.sol”. Content Creator. I am in crypto since 2020 and I am a growth contributor in Andino DAO since may 2022. I lead Metartesanías, the winning cryptoart project of the first Metahackaton by Andino DAO. I am the founder and host of Dim3nsión Cripto, a web 3 podcast. In my background I created strategic communication plans for different brands from Latin America.

@camposg98, Gastronome and business manager by profession, but working as a crypto futures trader full time since 2020. I specialize in technical and fundamental analysis and also teaching people on how to invest wisely. I would like to contribute by giving market update

@tequita, Digital graphic designer. I joined the Spanish IMN four months ago. I started contributing to the podcast with audio editing and I am currently working as content creator and designer for its social networks in order to advertise the newsletter.

@celexia, Philosophy Student. I joined the Spanish IMN bDAO in January of this year and I currently lead the creative writing area. Also I have just assumed the leadership in the publication of the newsletter in Cryptoamigos LATAM and I am an ambassador in CryptoMujeres DAO. I also participated in many podcasts and, in August, I will start giving conferences at universities about cryptocurrencies, blockchain and NFTs in Peru.

@yeng, Tourism and Hospitality management professional. My wide experience in business management, customer service and events organization have enhanced my skills such as critical thinking, adaptability, persuasion, resourcefulness, among others. These, combined with my enthusiasm to learn more about the crypto world, led me to invest in different projects DeFi related to blockchain since mid 2021.

NEXT STEPS:

After approval of this proposal, launch Bankless Peru as detailed above. We have been able to create a strong initial team of contributors and workflow for each objective ready.

• Yes
  • No, and leave feedback

0 voters

8 Likes

gm frens, I agree with the idea of new local community nodes since the Spanish language is very broad. However, in terms of funding, I feel it should be the other way around. You just go all-in, create the content, do the node, and then with the stats of growth you could ask for funding. Basically, just kick it off with all you got, and if it does well, I feel Bankless can support consolidated local community nodes.

I’m also missing the part about how this collaboration co-exists with the Spanish IMN in terms of content. For me communities are local, but content can travel through the same speaking community. How do you see collaboration in this area moving forward?

It’s great that Perú can have its own personality, much needed, but keen to know your thoughts on this matter since I don’t feel it’s correct to fund every single new country/community node coming up. That’s why I suggest just doing it and then asking for funds with results on hand.

Just remember, if you wanna go fast go alone, if you wanna go further, go together.

10 Likes

I think this project could benefit from the Spanish International Media Node that has a strong focus on Latin America already. @lalocripto.et, @AnaTech, @Ornella and others will help in this process for sure.

I would rather see resources used effectively this way than having another Spanish speaking stand alone unit.

1 Like

Agree with this statement, no need to spend resources to recreate something that already exists. Maybe recommend a smaller budget to help do some Peru specific content and plug in with the already existing Spanish speaking teams.

Gm people, I appreciate your comments. But try to be constructive rather than dismissive with what you give, please. What we need is feedback, not mere rejection.

@Ornella I agree with how you think, except that some points you have stated are misleading. First, content can’t travel through the same language-speaking public/communities, that is simply not true. Imagine UK content creators in the South African Youtube algorithm. Social media is divided by geographies and local trends. Content don’t flow without a proper marketing strategy and that It is broadly lacking in the IMN Project regarding Latam social context/issues.

We plan to go together! That is why we intend working as subDAO of Bankless and using Its brand. What we ask for is further decentralization to create focal content and build a local community, make our work more efficient and build IRL events based on the fact that we are living and working in our country. Peru have all the prerequisites to move in this direction.

We need funding because in a bear market people won’t work just “for free”, especially if we are looking to build something, that needs quality and tokens are incentives for that. If the project does not use that much tokens, they could be returned. A solution could be just receiving funding for 1 season. The number of tokens that we ask for is pretty low.

@paulDE cc: @Joe_King I completely disagree, that is not true. I would ask you sincerely that you back what you say, Paul, based on the fact that you are part of the governance of the IMN Project. I consider that that are not the facts. IMN Spanish have no focus on building local communities, much less local (also digital, I would say) Latam communities. IMN Spanish just mimics the IMN Project Marketing Strategy and uses Its funding for translation, poor podcast production, canvas-made design and self-promotion, they are not building community neither original content. If this serves as a threat to them to wake up and start delivering real value, I would be very happy for them. I stand for the Bankless mission and hope for every project we start to succeed, but we know that everything can’t be a triumph.

I can state this because I have worked closely with the IMN Spanish team. Its content is mostly translations because most funding is directed to that (which is US context, btw). Isn’t original content preferable for the media nodes? What is the translator’s guild for then? They lack direction for making original content and have zero focus in Latam. The one goal and criteria for the IMN Spanish is the production of Spanish content. IMN Spanish have worked for 2 Seasons and have delivered a median 100 people for their Newsletter and their A/V content is clearly precarious in every way. 6 months for 100 people is efficient and focal work? I’ve seen their stats. I ask them to be transparently published (stats and demographics) if you think this is not true.

If language is what matters, what is the point of Bankless Africa? They make original content based on the African reality and that is the point, isn’t it?

6 Likes

I totally agree with Ornella.
And the ammount of banks needs to be reviewed, this ammount it’s way more than the BANK that nodes are receiving right now.

I would support a node starting in the IMN, gathering statistics, then applying for GC funding.

I agree with you that we should build communities. That is what we should do.

If Peru Team is that assertive, please start in the IMN Team and show everyone that ambition.
You can always ask for funds from GC for IRL events, example : swedish node, they asked retroactive payment for an event they sponsored. You have the chance to plan ahead, so you can ask it anytime from GC.

You are saying “Spanish node uses Its funding for poor podcast production …” @tequita from Peru Team, states that they are editing the IMN Spanish podcast audio, can you explain how Spanish IMNs podcast is poor please? How are you going make it better for Peru IMN? Why were you not able to do that for Spanish IMN?

IMN governance is bothersome for you, how is Peru IMNs governance better?

1 Like

In your begining of the post you ask to be constructive in our feedback and not dismissive but you then go express the total opposite what you ask for, why?

Gm y’all.
In terms of how to move forward with a country based project, this proposal totally resonates with me. But I think instead of being budgeted directly by the GC, this project should start as a node under the IMN and grow. As mentioned before, additional efforts such as irl meetings are being supported by the GC if a node wants to do so. At a certain point, if the node grows as claimed, there’s no obstacle on becoming a subDAO or such and ask for a grant.

Gm everyone, thank you for your proposal. It looks like it is a well-thought and well-written one.

I want to raise 2 issues that I see in other comments.
From what I read the project has two aims.
One is to build a community around the node and the other is to create content that is specialized bellow:

The IMN provides a framework and compensation for the second part.
Remuneration is provided to nodes for each and every aspect of content creation that is mentioned above. According to the S5 proposal, nodes can claim up to 34.000 BANK per month and a marketing team that can further assist the node in creating videos, tiktok and Instagram reels, etc.

The second part of the proposal (aka. community building) goes hand in hand with the content production as you also explain in your proposal. Communities and community-building initiatives are part of the scope of the IMN project and there are various ways that this can be compensated.
F.e the Swedish Node has successfully received funding from the GC for a live event they organized (Bankless.se ArtxTech NFT-event partnership).

I do not see why one needs a different framework and funding and why the DAO has to fund this proposal instead of trying to bring it closer to the IMN project that has been active for 3 seasons now and has successfully provided a framework for Nodes to operate within.
In my opinion, since the written and spoken language is the same as the Spanish Node, I would encourage you to get involved there, and participate in the content production and the translations (especially since you are also planning on translating BDAO and HQ content). There is a compensations structure that gives the necessary space for the contributors to be fairly (according to bdao standards) compensated. Of course, you can have your own social media pages, discord, telegram, etc, and push that material there. Once your community is created and wants to organize a Bankless live meet-up/event/conference, additional funding can be requested from the GC.

I would encourage you all to join the IMN server and participate in the weekly meetings or work async with the rest of the project members to bridge any differences that have led you to create this proposal.
A fragmentation of the project on the basis of countries/communities will only lead to misallocation of funds that will have a negative impact on the DAO in the long term.

1 Like

Nice to meet you all,

First of all, thanks to those that took the time to ponder our arguments and read our proposal entirely. We have taken the effort of writing and making good arguments to show you our compromise and intentions.

I understand your concerns on why we don’t work hand-in-hand with the Spanish IMN or start as one of their nodes. I want to clarify that some of the members in this proposal are and were active contributors of the Spanish IMN. As we expressed in our proposal, dependency and collaboration with them wouldn’t be fruitful.

It is important for us that you understand that we have different needs and opportunities that make us a project more similar to Bankless Africa than an IMN node.

Technically speaking, the IMN workflow and strategy does not resonate to us, and we believe It is not effective. Its governance is very opposed to us to exist as a node, which will make us impossible to exist based on their support, as has been show by the utter disagreements of the IMN members present in the comments section.

We have mentioned a similar framework to the IMN in certain aspects and that may confuse some, I apologize. What we want to do is methodologically and fundamentally different from what the IMN Spanish does and delivers.

Just to surface some distinctions, the IMN Spanish have around 10-15 active contributors and most of them are translating content, because all funding goes to that. All other aspects are left precarious. We plan to make translations part of the less remunerated and of less priority labor because we all agree that It is one of the easiest jobs and delivers the less value in building a community and growing the movement.

Another concern is that the Spanish IMN, and probably the IMN as a project, is incredibly centralized. I have hands-on experience only with my node, so I’m able to express just this case. We have one champion which is @lalocripto.eth who shares power with @AnaTech for obvious favoritism. None of us DAO-mortals have access to social media to create content. We are dependable on them, and most social media activity is published out of date. The same occurs with part of the newsletter and podcast.

The podcast team have had serious organization issues since the beginning, every attempt to build reliability have been a failure in this regard. Our podcasts are, mostly, impromptu conversations of those who can meet at the last minute and 1,850 BANK are paid for this. Compare this to the 800 BANK for translation and 1000 BANK for creative (original) writing, this is clearly disproportionate and attempts to change this have resulted in nothing thanks to the demagogic nature of the governance.

Such is the issue, that our champion have left his position today and none of the self-denominated ‘genesis team’ have taken the lead on charging with the responsibility. This “coincidence” doesn’t surprise me.

As we stated, our main intentions are building a local community and concentrate our efforts in IRL setups. Most funding will go to that and the content creation will follow a strategy based on the country’s psychology and a systematic approach to our culture, which is vastly different. For this objective, we already have established prospective deals with different partners who offer us various places and environments in Lima, Peru. Nonetheless, we believe it is naive and degrading to expect real work from our team without remuneration. It is important to us to incentivize the team we have assembled, and for this we need your support. Even if It does pass, we will not make this the final proposal voted on Snapshot. We will modify our financial implications and further explain our points based on your feedback and our analysis of this discussion for the revised edition of this proposal that will go on Snapshot. We expect you find our changes (and lack of changes) reasonable.

Muchas gracias y saludos para todos

tw: @celexxxia (one of the authors, she has her forum account on hold)

4 Likes

@AnaTech Thankful to have your first comment ever on our post :purple_heart:. I appreciate your feedback :muscle:.

@LiviuC I don’t know what you mean. I have agreed with criticism that I think is true. But, as an author, I defend my proposal against criticism with false propositions. Obviously all is subject to falsification and perspectives. That is why discussion is important.

@raybankless.eth I believe celexia’s comment answer your questions.

@okachu Almost all, if not all, projects makes promises and then deliver results. If funding is not used, It is returned. I don’t understand why you want us to work different.

@gioser Thanks for your well-elaborated comment, I really appreciate It.

Reading you made me think that the most succesful nodes are those that are based in an individual countries or regions. Bankless Brazil, Bankless Africa and Bankless Sweden comes to mind. Data will tell us.

We will reduce funding requirements for our revised version, for sure.

We can’t work with the Spanish IMN. We are too many people to absorb their funding and also there is no way they will give it to us (we have the same # of contributors than them).

Latam is complex and the IMN is not capable of understanding this. You think that Spanish speakers are mostly the same around the world, but that is not true. We all think different and have different problems.

Your idea about requesting GC based on local events seems good, but I don’t believe is optimal for growth. If this proposal does not pass, probably we will start doing that because we are already a community. Nonetheless, apart from having a community, we need content creation to attract new people (this needs a specialized strategy).

We are passing through a harsh economic downturn and working free is imposible to most of us. I believe noone works free here and solely based on their results. GSE is paid in their thinking process and Research Guild in their research process, etc.

3 Likes

that post was deleted

i would support if it started with a smaller budget, i believe BAfricas first Budget proposal was about half of what your asking.

4 Likes

Celexia’s account was on hold and I published It for her. She deleted It to avoid duplicates.

We will in the part 2 (revised ed.) of this proposal. Wait for it.

1 Like

Thank you for the responses.

Firstly, I have to say that I am a bit surprised that you have such a limited understanding of the IMN (what the project is, who are included etc).

In my opinion, the most successful nodes are the ones who utilize the money they are receiving from the Bdao to produce content and increase their viewership (you can check the data on our notion and the databases available in our discord server), and this is the scope from which I am commenting.
I honestly do not understand the argument that says that you are too many people for the Spanish IMN.
There is 34.000 BANK available per month available for translation and content production.
More than enough to facilitate the translation of 17 newsletters (on a basis of 2000BANK per newsletter) or 10 newsletters and 5 videos (3000 BANK per video).

This is the budget (and even less for the previous seasons) that successful nodes have been operating within for the last 9 months.
I still do not see the need for the DAO to spend a multiple of this amount for a project that will translate content that is already been translated into the same language by a different group of people.

I am saying the above because imo, the proposal should be focused only on the content creation.
Live events and community meetings can not and should not be funded by the DAO beforehand, but only in a retroactive setting after a careful evaluation of the event and the ask. There is no need for fancy venues etc for a community to meet up and talk about Bankless and going Bankless, nor should the DAO (de facto) provide funds for that.

Once again, I would strongly suggest that you come to the IMN meetings, get to know the team, get us to know you as well, talk about the existing issues and find a way forward.
Fragmentation, as the one proposed here, will only harm the DAO (through double spending funds) in the mid/long term.

2 Likes

I deleted it because when I sent it was on hold, so blurpleflame sent my text from their account. Comment N•11 is mine, tag me below

We do not want to fragment the DAO, It is just decentralization. We just want independence from the IMN framework & governance. There are already sub-DAOs working this way, like Bankless Brazil and Bankless Africa. We prefer not to be limited, directed or constrained by the IMN rules, objectives, and processes. What we want is to invent ourselves based on our country’s needs and issues. We will move the Bankless movement and use Its theories or concepts with our own approach. Content creation is a secondary, although necessary, process.

We are not going to meet up with people and talk about Bankless and going Bankless. We will onboard new people to web3 principles, financial sovereignty, decentralization, etc. & give them practical workshops on how to start living bank-free. Not only that, but we plan to partner with universities and institutions in a way to advance with the philosophical, cultural, and economical relevance of web3. So our project is more than just “community and content creation”. We need to move in this direction because Peru, and I believe most third-world & corrupt countries, are very wary, fearful, and depend on authority figures/institutions more than “information on the internet” to educate themselves.

I believe that you have a fair perspective. We will update this proposal with less funding requirements and see what GC have to say. We do this because we believe It is necessary and better approach, just like you do with the IMN.

1 Like

Thank you for this response.

It is fragmentation and misallocation of funds when there is an existing framework and you ask funding for things that are already done in the DAO (translations/ written content in Spanish). Decentralization and composability inside the DAO happen when you, for example, take the existing basis (translated content/ videos/ youtube/ podcasts) and build around them. Forking something or just asking for funding to be ‘independent’ is not decentralization and IMO hurts or has the potential to hurt the DAO financially. I understand that you had some conflict with the IMN Spanish champion but he’s not a champion anymore, the position is open and the node is there for everyone to participate in.

I am still not sure why you are asking for ’ independence from the IMN framework & governance.’ without even having participated in the IMN meetings, governance discussions, server etc.
The only rules that the IMN sets are to be active as a Node (aka. do something every week, publish an article a video etc). There are no restrictions as to what you can and cannot do, or how to localize the content to your country’s needs.

I have been insisting on content creation and distribution as a way to form a community because:

1. It goes hand in hand with offline events and community building as you describe it (see BanklessBrasil).
  2. It can be monetized and thus return something to the DAO, in terms of monetary value. After all, you are asking the DAO to provide you with funding.

As I have already said, this is a good idea and a well-written proposal. However:

1. We have no proof of work, as Brasil and Bankless Africa had before asking for funding. There is no Node at this point, or a community etc.
  2. Over these discussions it became clear that you have slightly different plans than what is described in the proposal.
  3. There have not been any arguments presented on why you do not want to participate in the IMN.
  4. There are no strategies for monetization and that becomes even more problematic when it looks like all the focus will be on the IRL aspects (which is not bad -don’t get me wrong- but I do not see why the DAO should fund now and not retroactively).

Once again I would like to invite you to the IMN meetings and server (if you prefer to work async) to talk and find common ground - that I believe it is there.

3 Likes