Tittle: Launch of BanklessDAO Peru Chapter & Grant Request
Authors: celexia#3999 #blurpleflame#0257 #RenatoM1930
Date Created: 04/07/2022
Date Posted: 11/07/2022
We look forward to establishing Bankless Perú, a Spanish speaking node that can set up a local community and incorporate more people to the Bankless movement. Our national context presents opportunities to boost the use of blockchain, DeFi and digital assets through education strategies and particular publicities.
Peru is one of the countries with the highest crypto adoption intention in Latin America, since 2020 our country has registered an 18.3% increase in the use of web 3 wallets. This currently represents approximately 1.2 million people using crypto.
Peru is a centralized, corrupt and obstructive country. There are 32 million people living in the national territory and only in the city of Lima resides more than 30% of the population. Our fiscal policy has a 30% corporate and personal tax and a national sales tax of 18%. As a result, more than 70% of the country’s entrepreneurial mass do not expand their businesses due to the high cost of doing so, remaining informal, which makes it impossible for them to become bankable. To make matters worse, Peruvian inhabitants have a serious decline in the confidence of their political system (Julio Cotler, February 2016), where the 6 presidents elected in the last 40 years are under criminal investigation or serving time in prison.
Our country has very low levels of banking penetration. According to an important regional consulting firm (Apoyo Consultoría), while in developed countries, banking penetration levels are 90% of the population, in Peru the proportion of people with access to financial services is only 41%. However, the number of people using these services is only 28%, far below our regional peers such as Chile (68%) and Colombia (35%). According to the same document, this low level of banking penetration is closely correlated with legal insecurity, low competitiveness and competition within our country. Thus, Peruvians live in a financial oligopoly where, although there are a large number of financial institutions (+40), only 4 of them oligopolize more than 80% of the market. This radically decreases competitiveness with respect to credit rates, harming personal development and making market expansion opportunities impossible.
The context experienced in Peru and both situations in particular present an enormous opportunity for the introduction, adoption and use of decentralized systems and blockchain technology, as has happened in regional peers such as Argentina and Venezuela: worldwide cases of studies due to the progress in the adoption and building of blockchain technology. Furthermore, it is correct to state that Peru, as well as other countries in Latin America and Africa, urgently needs to incorporate blockchain into its economic life, even more than developed countries.
We see an enormous opportunity to overcome these barriers by providing a complete educational offer on blockchain and web3 technology, leveraging a strong local IRL presence that increases trust in this technology and its diffusion.
The Chilean cryptocurrency exchange “Buda” reported that in 2021 transactions with cryptocurrencies in Peru increased 258%, with 70% of those movements for the purchase and sale of cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, USD Coin. (La ley, May, 2022).
Peru presents itself as the country with the highest growth of digital assets in the region and gives us great momentum for the deployment of the Bankless mission.
MISSION & VALUES ALIGNMENT
Bankless Peru seeks to promote the bankless movement and decentralized forms of organization (DAOs) by applying education, networking and marketing techniques with a local focus. We present the benefits of public and decentralized blockchains in terms of finance, identity and organization in an efficient way, in line with current social issues and local trends.
By having a broad local presence, we generate the opportunity to achieve a greater impact to our audience, present the work done by collaborators to institutions, universities and legislators, onboard more people and institutions, connect with more like-minded individuals or companies and generate collaborative partnerships, organize meetings and presentations for BanklessDAO’s products and services.
SCOPE OF WORK
Similar to the bDAO seasons, our workflow will be defined based on our first 3 months of startup:
- Promotion and creation of the Bankless Peru community on Twitter, Discord, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Organize meetings, exhibitions or face-to-face workshops in outstanding places all over the country, starting with Lima (2-3 times per month | 6-10 times per season).
- Promote (not to replicate or compete) the content produced by the IMN Spanish of BanklessDAO locally.
- Creation of original virtual content of Bankless Peru
- TikTok & Instagram reels
- Twitter threads
- Newsletter and blog posts
- Youtube workshops / tutorials
- Bankless content translation HQ/DAO
- Bankless Peru Podcast
The project initially has 8 members and we plan to keep expanding the team as we start and expand the community, all this following the decentralized working structure of web3: a DAO.
Community and Social Networks creation
This team will be responsible for sharing content, creating a community and moving across the local web3 atmosphere on social networks and forums. The goal is to be aware of current trends, news and social issues to solve them through the blockchain and bankless approach. In addition, this team will be in charge of generating engagement to the reels, posts, threads, podcasts and videos that will be created by the team of influencers and focused media content.
Many responsibilities of the community creation & social media team includes creating memes, hosting Twitter Spaces and Instagram Lives with guests who contribute to the growth of crypto adoption, answering questions from the community, engaging in controversial threads and twitter trends and other activities related to the visibility and engagement of Bankless Perú.
In our first 3 months we will develop 3 social networks
Main social networks:
- Event attendees (emails)
- Reach 350 new members for the Bankless Peru community and 5 more contributors.
IRL Events and Partnerships
The events and partnerships team will have the obligation to get locals and opportunities to introduce the Bankless mission, educate upstarts and build trust with the general public, independently or in collaboration with other DAOs or local web3 companies.
- Presentation and debate between Bankless Peru collaborators together with other DAOs or web3 companies of local reach.
- Presentation of web3 projects and exchanges of local, regional or international reach.
- Development of DeFi workshops to introduce people who have basic or no knowledge in decentralized finance.
- Elaborate 2-3 local events in the capital (Lima) every month.
Local influencers and Focalized media content
We must make up for the lack of supply from crypto influencers who are in favor of decentralized public blockchains such as Ethereum, Bitcoin, Cosmos and others. The philosophy and fundamentals of the bankless mission will be presented through reels, IGTV, live streams, podcasts, twitter threads, videos and posts commissioned from the team of local influencers & focalized media content.
- Basics: A podcast program following the trends and problems of the national reality that finds solutions based on the technology and philosophy of web 3.0. Know the entire blockchain ecosystem and the tools to interact with it. The podcast will be available on streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple podcast, Google podcast) and YouTube. Frequency and duration: Four podcasts per month, with an average duration of 45 minutes.
- Market analysis: An audiovisual product where an analysis of the market will be carried out, mainly of the cryptocurrencies with the highest market cap, and some relevant news about them will be mentioned as well. In addition, we will teach how to exchange the local currency for cryptocurrencies and enter the DeFi system. Available on Youtube. Frequency and duration: Every week and with an average duration of 20 minutes.
- News and trends of the week within the web3 ecosystem: A program about the most relevant news, everything you need to know and what is happening in the world of DAOs, digital assets and blockchain solutions to the problems of humanity. Every week and with an average duration of 20 minutes. Available on Youtube and podcast.
Bankless Peru is a decentralized international node linked to the Bankless mission and branding. Due to our different way of working and local impact, it is important for us to emphasize that we seek autonomy or distinction from the IMN. The bothersome governance and digital approach of the IMN will make it difficult for us to maintain agility and efficiency in the development of our work and it would be impossible to reconcile objectives. However we do not rule out working in conjunction with their digital campaigns. In this sense, we present ourselves as a project similar to Bankless Africa.
FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS & MÉTRICAS DE ÉXITO O KPI
We are asking for a grant of 640,000 BANK to help us in the setup and launch of the subDAO and support with sufficient runway for 2 seasons as detailed above.
Our plan for this six months is to establish a strong foundation and a initial community (leveraged by the solid networks and abilities that the current members have) that helps us being a sustainable node by monetizing the different alternatives we had found (podcast, newsletter, events, among others) and help us a long term self-sufficiency.
Our plans for the first season is:
- Setup subDAO, establish governance mechanisms, and foundations
- Establish a initial community of 300-450 local people, and onboard them to the web3 and Bankless mission
- Create social media accounts and reach a total audience of 500 people
- Launch educational material (educational writing, podcasts & videos) and reach 250 active subscribers total
- Host 6 IRL events and setup partnerships with local web3 projects and exchanges
- Develop relationships with universities, DAOs and local institutions.
- Onboard up to 5 contributors
In addition to expand our first season objectives, the second season roadmap includes:
- Expand educational material with new ideas and contributors
- Increase community engagement with twitter spaces / telegram AMA
- +4 IRL events (now adding universities and institutions as spots)
- Develop workshops to introduce people into DeFi fundamentals and practical steps
- Exploring new monetization initiatives at educational products and NFTs
- Onboard up to 3 more contributors
**SQUAD (current team of contributors / minimum viable community): **
Below our team’s twitter handles:
@renacassinelli, Peruvian In crypto since 2017 and in bDAO since November 2021. Traditional Finance experience with a solid understanding and passion for the web3 ethos. Currently working building MetaFi (metaverse x DeFi) at a crypto company, and contributor of different guild / teams inside bDAO. Avid NFT collector
@Crisincrypto, Translator and interpreter. The languages I have worked with are English and Portuguese. Therefore, I have contributed to different web3 projects translating newsletters and books. In addition, I have written articles for an investment website. Recently, I joined the Spanish IMN bDAO team and currently, I’m a Crypto Mujeres DAO ambassador, I’m also part of the 21MBULLS women community. And last but not least, I’m a CryptoamigosLAT Twitter growth contributor.
@0xblur, a.k.a ‘blurpleflame’. I have worked in bDAO since September 2021 as part of the IMN Spanish, Research Guild and Crypto Sapiens team. My experience is in commercial and academic writing, research, public speaking and translation. My formal studies are on political philosophy, anthropology and law so what I do best is explaining the interlink between web3 technology and social systems/institutions.
@comunicacripto, a.k.a “rodbro.sol”. Content Creator. I am in crypto since 2020 and I am a growth contributor in Andino DAO since may 2022. I lead Metartesanías, the winning cryptoart project of the first Metahackaton by Andino DAO. I am the founder and host of Dim3nsión Cripto, a web 3 podcast. In my background I created strategic communication plans for different brands from Latin America.
@camposg98, Gastronome and business manager by profession, but working as a crypto futures trader full time since 2020. I specialize in technical and fundamental analysis and also teaching people on how to invest wisely. I would like to contribute by giving market update
@tequita, Digital graphic designer. I joined the Spanish IMN four months ago. I started contributing to the podcast with audio editing and I am currently working as content creator and designer for its social networks in order to advertise the newsletter.
@celexia, Philosophy Student. I joined the Spanish IMN bDAO in January of this year and I currently lead the creative writing area. Also I have just assumed the leadership in the publication of the newsletter in Cryptoamigos LATAM and I am an ambassador in CryptoMujeres DAO. I also participated in many podcasts and, in August, I will start giving conferences at universities about cryptocurrencies, blockchain and NFTs in Peru.
@yeng, Tourism and Hospitality management professional. My wide experience in business management, customer service and events organization have enhanced my skills such as critical thinking, adaptability, persuasion, resourcefulness, among others. These, combined with my enthusiasm to learn more about the crypto world, led me to invest in different projects DeFi related to blockchain since mid 2021.
After approval of this proposal, launch Bankless Peru as detailed above. We have been able to create a strong initial team of contributors and workflow for each objective ready.
- No, and leave feedback