Authors: Eren Targ, Oluwasijibomi, Ximpli Ana, Tundeey Turner, Boluwatife
Date: 14th November 2023
Wallet surplus: Detail any surplus available to you for the next season (further details below).
Funds requested: 1,484,232[poll type=regular results=always public=true chartType=bar]
Department Multisig: 0xE5a64FC0d3396D11EB63d728791577E254Ac18Ca
Multisig signers: Ximpli Ana , Mr.V, Ornella, Sandeep, Eren Targ, Etrinity, Oluwasijibomi
Department Purpose & Mission/Value Alignment
BanklessDAO’s Marketing Department serves as the central hub for all marketing initiatives within the organization. It strategically manages and oversees the DAO’s presence across various web2 and web3 social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Telegram. The department is dedicated to providing comprehensive marketing services, encompassing strategy development, planning, design, copywriting, and execution, catering to both internal BanklessDAO projects and external partners seeking promotion through our platforms. The coordination efforts are designed to ensure a seamless process for all BanklessDAO projects to leverage the extensive reach of the organization’s social media channels, with a particular emphasis on Twitter.
The Marketing Department is structured into three key workstreams: Coordination, Content Creation, and Campaign Coordination. It collaborates closely with other essential facets of the DAO, including the Newsletter Team, Global Events, DAOlationships, and International Media Nodes. This collaborative approach ensures a cohesive and effective marketing strategy that aligns with BanklessDAO’s overarching goals and objectives.
Department Coordination Updates
- Two different weekly meetings are held with members of the department, Weekly Sync, and Content & Social Media Coordination, 28 meetings in total.
- This season we had several new members take roles for the first time, this involved several rounds of feedback and onboarding calls or sessions so they could kick-start their own workstreams.
- Upkeep on Department documentation.
- Upkeep of tooling for the Marketing Department: Twitter Blue.
- Helped in the smooth execution of the BanklessDAO Global campaign to spread the Optimistic Vision
- Helped with the BanklessDAO Inspires campaign
- Attended DAO-wide pitches call every Monday to understand how the MD can help with the DAO applying for grants
- Offer guidance to newcomers, ensuring they adhere to our content creation standards, meet bounty requirements, and maintain quality by diligently following all necessary procedures and guidelines.
- Collaborated with the social media coordinator to facilitate the engagement of recently onboarded members within the department.
A fully onboarded member is an individual who has successfully completed their onboarding call, fulfilled the Marketing Department First Quest, and successfully minted their POAP.
S9 Onboarded members
Social Media Coordination
- In S9 so far we have a steady increase in followers and engagement especially on platforms like Tiktok that were stagnating before due to inconsistent posting on these platform
- We had a partnership with the IMN to create reels for our platforms which made us saw increase in overall engagement.
- We opened a multi custodial wallet on MPC vault to open an account on lens.xyz and other future web3 social media apps.
- We had an increase in amount of organic contents pushed out over repurposed ones
The social media workstream experienced some developments during the season, which were indicated by key achievements such as the Optimism campaign tweet reaching the highest engagement of 20K during the season and also left areas for improvement.
On LinkedIn, the Smart contract vulnerabilities content had the highest impression, while the concluding part of the Web3 wallet series had the lowest. The most engaging post was that of the ‘banklessDAO Inspires’ campaign (highlighting Anaphant, a banklessDAO member’s story).
Also, the majority of our social media audience is concentrated in the United Kingdom, Los Angeles, Canada, and Nigeria. Twitter showed consistent performance with total tweet impressions of 282K in September, 242K in October, and ongoing analytics for November, with a slight decline in follower count compared to last season.
Threads, on the other hand, saw increased follower rates and engagement, attributed to IMN X MD Campaign videos/reels and carousel posts on Smart Contract Vulnerabilities.
Facebook and Instagram, however, experienced an overall decrease in impressions by 34.4%, accompanied by 11 new non-followers. This decline can be traced to a reduction in engagement levels. The most engaged posts are mainly the IMN X MD reels and Web3 Security which were uploaded in the earlier parts of the season.
For the key metrics of TikTok, there were a total of 171 profile views (about 87.9% increase), 27 likes in total (-10% decrease), and a total of 376 video views (a 52.8% decrease) during September and October.
- A key highlight for the season was the collaboration with the International Media Nodes (IMN) to create web3-based tutorials, resulting in substantial engagement on social media channels.
- There was also content diversification, adherence to an updated content calendar, and increased involvement in the content strategy workstream, of which there are plans for a continuous teamwork.
- There’s also continued collaboration with the United Nations calendar for important date celebrations, consistently producing impactful content.
List of season9 (proposed and implemented) content topics
- Smart contract Vulnerabilities.
- Risks of Gasless Transactions.
- Web3 and Data Security
- The Benefits and Drawbacks of Blockchain Voting
- Inside an Ethereum Transaction
- How to apply for ENS
- Bitcoin Halving
- Human Creativity in the AI era
- Privacy by Design
- AI in Decentralized Finance
Past Activities and Achievements
- Over the course of season 9, the Governance workstream has made significant progress in establishing effective frameworks, processes, and initiatives to enable decentralized, contributor-driven growth.
- Early on in the Marketing Department, we developed a detailed Constitution outlining the governance mechanisms, values, and operational structures of the department. This guiding document has been updated iteratively based on lessons learned community feedback.
- Utilizing the Constitution, contributors brought forward proposals through consensus-building processes. Examples include establishing the Content Manager role, coordinating co-marketing campaigns, and updating guidelines for micro-role holders.
- These past achievements showcase our workstream’s ability to collaborate on framework improvements and evolve governance in a democratic, engaging manner.
Currently, we are continuing to refine the Governance workstream through initiatives such as:
- Establishing criteria and processes for active member status to incentivize regular participation.
- Improving frameworks for submitting and evaluating proposals based on past learnings.
- Updating micro-role holder election processes to boost transparency and engagement.
- Conducting reviews of the Constitution to identify areas for improvement in light of changes to operations and strategy.
- These ongoing efforts highlight our commitment to consistently optimizing and adapting our governance foundations over time as the DAO evolves.
- Our recent KPIs demonstrate growing engagement, with over 20 contributors involved in recent proposals. Our proposal implementation rate exceeds 80%.
Evolution of Operations
Looking ahead, we plan to build on past wins and feedback to further enhance the efficiency, transparency, and inclusive nature of our operations.
We will focus on initiatives like:
Streamlining processes for proposal creation to reduce friction.
Expanding contributor onboarding and education on governance operations.
Increasing transparency through documented processes, public forums, and open discourse.
Continually engaging the community to identify areas for improvement.
Strengthening these foundational areas will prepare our workstream for efficient scaling and increased decentralization.
To support expanding operations and community involvement, we would be requesting funds for bounties over the next season.
The funds will be allocated to:
Rewarding contributors for governance participation and execution.
Implementing educational initiatives to grow active membership.
Establishing regular community calls and spaces for open discourse.
Administrative needs for enhanced documentation and framework optimization.
With greater resources, our workstream can continue maturing governance and empowering contributors to guide the DAO’s evolution. We are committed to stewarding funds responsibly toward that mission.
Previous Season Activities
- Participated in the BanklessDAO’s Global Campaign to spread the Optimistic vision DAO wide campaign and helped creating a final campaign report
- Had a call and Sent a Marketing Campaign Proposal to Fiat24 for a C type campaign.
- Had a client onboarding call with Timeswap and is still currently in constant talks with them on closing the campaign deal.
- Had a call with a web3 social media app “Griffy” for potential collaboration
- Delivered the ZKX campaign and have approached for phase 2 of the campaign.
- Opened a multi custodial wallet for all future web3 apps to represent bDAO.
- Changed password for all social media accounts of bDAO and updated security.
Campaigns are categorized as:
A - Internal BanklessDAO Campaigns
B - IntraDAO or Partner Campaigns (intraguild, intradepartmental, DAO2DAO).
C - External Campaigns
Season 9 campaigns include:
C - Degate
Awareness campaign for the Degate DEX protocol. Cost; 4,500 USDC. (Campaign still in progress due to some delays from client’s end)
B - BanklessDAO inspires
Bankless DAO Inspires campaign brings out how Bankless DAO serves as an inspiration for BDAO folks both serving the web3 community, and also forging a web3 career for themselves. (Still ongoing)
B - DAOplomats campaign
A retweet only campaign for the amplifying of DAOplomats contents, revenue
B - IMN Bankless
This campaign aims at helping IMN define what they are and how to promote themselves. (In preparation)
B - BanklessCard
Aims giving marketing/social Media promotions to the BanklessDAO Bankless Card, an affinity rewards card, that allows you earn BANK tokens for every USD dollar you spend. (still in progress)
This is a part of the GG19 where we get to participate, get onboarded and GROW the movement. (Still in progress)
A - BanklessDAO’s Global Campaign to spread the Optimistic vision
A - Morocco Aid relief
A fundraising awareness campaign to raise funds for victims of the Morocco and Libya disaster, awaiting final matching rounds.
A - YouTube Subscriptions
Focused on getting the BanklessDAO YouTube channel’s subscriptions to 1,000 and also getting 4,000 hours of watch time to be eligible to join the YouTube partner program and get monetized. (Still ongoing)
A - BanklessDAO Arbitrum Grants Proposal
Arbitrum Grants Proposal submission for BanklessDAO (In preparation)
Co-Marketing collaboration - Regens unite
An event/Experience aimed to bridge regenerative communities for a sustainable future.
- Further Increase the total number of internal campaigns to promote more guilds/department new and existing projects by 20%.
- Increase our client conversion/closing rate for external clients with an income goal of 10K USD
- Prioritizing understanding our clients’ unique needs, objectives, and target audience. And tailor our campaigns accordingly to deliver measurable results and build lasting partnerships.
- Showcasing success stories through clients testimonials and case studies. Demonstrating proven results that further builds our credibility and attracts us new clients.
Season 9 Breakdown
Current Holding : 1,110,768 BANK
|Coordinape (Nov & Dec)||100,000|
|Role Holder Compensation (Nov & Dec)||300,000|
|Micro role holder compensation (Nov & Dec)||56,000|
|Bounties (Nov & Dec)||170,000|
|DAOplomats campaign payout (in Dec)||30,000|
|Type A campaign payouts (upcoming)||80,000 (appx)|
-The expected leftover is quite high compared to past seasons as we still have some ongoing type A campaigns and there was a pause in content creation in the middle to revisit our approach and strategy, rest assured the current funds will be used for next season launch content creation and other holiday themed topics.
The Department received 6000 USDC revenue in this season as external campaign revenue.
-The Department participated in “ BanklessDAO’s Global Campaign to spread the Optimistic vision “ DAO wide campaign and will receive roughly 9000 OP [The payout is expected during July 2024 after the time locked OP tokens are available.
Season 10 Budget Breakdown
|COST ITEM||BANK PER SEASON|
|Role Holder Compensation||600,000|
|Micro-Role Holder Compensation||128,000|
|Funding for Internal Projects (Campaign Type A)||120,000|
|BanklessDAO inspires campaign||200,000|
|Making BANK Podcast||0|
|Expected Leftover||-374,768 (appx)|
|SEASON 10 FUNDING REQUEST||1,484,232|
|Social Media Coordinator||112,000|
List your key members and the roles they play
Eren Targ - Department Coordinator
Sketchbreezy- Talent Coordinator
TundeeyTurner- Campaign Coordinator
Boluwatife- Governance Coordinator
Quilia- Content Manager
Vibranty- LinkedIN Micro role
Freedominant- Twitter Micro role
Zara- Meta micro role
Deewon- Tiktok micro role
We use the reach and reputation of bDAO as an opportunity for other web3/crypto projects that are aligned with the mission and values of BanklessDAO.