Marketing Department Season 10 funding request

gm links, I would like to add context and correct some statements that you’ve made.

The Marketing Department created, maintained, and helps curate, facilitates and creates content for certain social media channels (X, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok).

Each channel is the result of pure DAO contributor work for the past 2 years.

90% of that revenue is not shared with the DAO

This is not correct.

Regarding revenue, 20% goes to the DAO multi-sig and then an extra 40% of each bountied asset stays in the Marketing Deparment’s multi-sig. That’s how it’s been able to grow too :seedling:

On the other hand, for me, the DAO is the people in the end. The rest of the %, which is maybe about 55% or 60%, is actually shared with the DAO. The DAO = The People. For this specific use case, the revenue is shared with the contributors who worked in the specific campaign just like any other contributor does in a Bankless ‘X’ project.

In summary, I’d say it’s about 40% goes to the multi-sigs and 60% goes to the DAO, meaning, its contributors.

The Bankless Publishing project is the sole owner and with true merit, of the Substack BanklessDAO newsletter and BanklessDAO Mirror accounts. The only difference with the Marketing Department is that maybe the Marketing Department could learn from that, follow their path and be its own project too. It’s only up to its contributors, including me.

I guess if we really think about it, the truth is that the Marketing Department fits all three definitions of the BanklessDAO Constitution:

1. It’s a Guild because it develops talent
  2. It’s a Department because it’s essential to the DAO
  3. It’s a Project because it generates revenue

If I’m mistaken there is no other decentralized unit in the DAO that has a mix like this, it’s amazing and interesting to witness it.

6 Likes