Request for comments -- First Quest -- Onboarding New Members Season 2

I like that the proposal is cognisant of a few characteristics of DAOs

1. It is chaotic and structure helps newbies contribute at a shorter time (lowering time to first contribution)
  2. Thinking about how there are many ways to enter/ take part/ observe in a DAO and these form the real ‘on-ramp’ to a DAO (# conversion to DAO)
  3. Utilising existing DAO resources to help match new contributors to existing projects (# of positions filled in workstreams)

I’m helping out with GitcoinDAO’s onboarding processes and I’m glad you’ve factored in the suggestion from the workstream’s onboarding form already!

+1 on @frogmonkee 's idea of talent capture and retention. I would suggest helping to improve the discovery of a good fit for new talents. One way is to conduct AMAs with L2 participants in the #courtyard channel so people can have a low commitment way to discover what it’s like to work at a DAO and what each guild does and engage directly with them, similar to conferences.

+1 on @bradwmorris 's offer to sync with IndexCOOP, I would love to be a part of the conversations and cross-pollinate ideas! I am a BIG fan of IndexCOOP’s internship program (and have been tweeting at some of you some random ideas like having interns do a journal of their experiences… did they? haha)

for @Ap0ll0517 's suggestion on claiming mentorship hours, I would suggest that a mentoring roster followed by open calendly tags could help with the operationalisation of the mentoring program and to structure a mentoring session. For example, a good coaching session actually has a few phases. (observation, analysis, goal-setting, planning, evaluation, action). We could set up templates where the mentee has to complete in order to get their first BANK to be a part of the DAO and also to track the mentors. Mentors with a track record for placing talent in guilds can then move on to become Talent Coordinators.

3 Likes