Writers Guild Season 7 Budget

Thank you for your response @hirokennelly. However, I’m not sure my question about the Newsletter team and the Writers Guild has been answered.

Or, are you saying that the Newsletter team is actually the Newsletter Project?

Regardless of guilds or projects, we’re all here on the same team - or at least we should be - and therefore optimizing our resources, not just throwing $BANK around to another group who wants to do something similar to another group, like it seems that we are doing.

Unless of course I’m mistaken and writers don’t write newsletters.

If your question is about “why so much BANK between the two”, then it may help to explain the difference between Guilds and Projects from a funding perspective. Guilds onboard, educate, and manage talent; that’s their mandate from the DAO. The Guild doesn’t ship anything; although it does incubate projects before sending them to the wider GC for funding. Guild funding is automatic based upon the Guild’s active member count.
Project funding is discretionary, and subject to seasonal proposals. The Guild’s BANK serves a very different purpose than that asked for within the Newsletter Project’s budget.
But the tone DB is totally unnecessary. “Unless of course I’m mistaken and writers don’t write newsletters.” No need for snark my fren. We’re better than that.

1 Like

How “tone” is interpreted via words on a screen is beyond me. Assumptions like this are what lead to the misinterpreting of whatever.

Sometimes firm language is needed to drive a point home, in this instance, this is what I feel is needed.

Thank you for the clarity in what a Guild does. Now that I know this, I’m wondering why writers aren’t part of the same Guild, with the Newsletter team a subgroup to that of the writers.

1 Like

Yeah DB I hear you there. So true. Firm language I’m def cool w/, prefer even, because it is at its best, clear and to the point. For me, it was that line about writers not writing. I’m like hell no lol; we had 72 individual bounty-earning contributors as of last week who are members of the Guild.
But I can also see how you could mean like, WTF, Writers Guild doesn’t write stuff? So I should also be more careful in my assumptions. :heart:

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure what you’re asking here, but to try and answer your question, it’s as our fren @links maaaybe would call it: a taxonomy issue. The Guild is just the guild; projects are just projects. They blend together, but are totally different things. You should check out our Notion page to see if that clarifies anything for you.
https://www.notion.so/bankless/Writers-Guild-585a90523b9f4630bc04892931a11f7d

1 Like

Discourse like we’ve been having is what bDAO should be all about fren :slightly_smiling_face: :clap:

Being able to share our different opinions in an open and candid way, respecting the person and the posts, as well the responses to them, whoever they may be from.

2 Likes