Title: Guild Funding Template
Authors; Editors: @senad.eth, @Bananachain
Date Created: Feb 26th, 2023
Dated Submitted: Mar 29th, 2023
Working Document: Google Doc
The following course outlines the information the Grants Committee seeks to receive from Guilds, who request their seasonal funding from the GC.
This Guild Funding Template shall replace the Proposal Template as well as Governance Proposal Template for the aforementioned purpose.
Funding Template Outline
Authors; Editors: (separate authors from editors by using a semicolon)
Date created: (date at which the proposal was initiated)
Date posted: (date at which the the proposal was posted on forum)
Wallet surplus: (detail any surplus available to you for the next season. Further details below)
Funds requested: (funding requested - in addition to any surplus above, where applicable)
Multisig: (list any multisig address used starting with ETH and hyperlink to the respective Safe address)
Multisig signers: (Please list all signers on the multisig)
Table of Contents
- MISSION & VALUE ALIGNMENT
- FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS
- GUILD MEMBERS
- NEXT STEPS
(Briefly outline the guild (max. 200 words))
(Briefly summarise activities from last season)
MISSION & VALUE ALIGNMENT
(How does this guild help banklessDAO achieve its mission and align with its values?)
Guild Funding Formula
(In Season 7, BanklessDAO made changes to the seasonal length. This impacts the formula we use to calculate guild funding requests. Therefore, we ask Guilds to calculate their Season 8 funding request using the following formula:)
Season 8 Guild Funding = 16 * (21,000 + 770 * #active member)
…up to a maximum of 1,247,680 BANK
→ you can find the formula breakdown here.
(How do you plan to distribute your funding within the guild?)
(What is the current balance of all assets in the guild wallets? If you have a surplus specify why. How do you want to use this going forward? What are the risks associated with your approach? Why, in your opinion, should this surplus not be deducted from your current funding ask? For example to reduce their surplus, guilds could request permission from the GC to support a guild internal project before this project approaches GC for further funding.)
Third party funding, sponsorships, external revenue
(Which additional funds do you receive or generate? This can be sponsorships, revenue generating activities, grants, non-financial benefits, donations etc.)
- List your active members. How are they encouraged to “actively contribute” to the guild?
- What’s your methodology of assessing active membership within the guild?
- Attending and participating in meetings - mandatory
- Taking ownership of tasks using your respective task board
- Successfully delivery of tasks assigned to members
- Voting on polls, roles, and any decisions affecting the projects’ & working groups
- Creating and/or editing content to be used internally or externally
- Participating in the development of guild initiative i.e. education programs
- Brainstorming and contributing to the creative process.
- Contributing to discussions on proposals in progress
- At what intervals is this updated?
- How is active membership status gained, tracked or lost?
(Provide where applicable)
- Guild Notion Page
- Working agreement including how to define active community)
- Poll/grid capturing the guild affiliation of active community of outgoing season
- Any other organisational information of interest
(What are your immediate next steps should this proposal be accepted and the funding disbursed? I.e. starting election process, ratifying agreements)